Saturday, January 21, 2023

The Nature Hike

   As I hiked through the dense forest, the only sounds were the crunching of leaves under my feet and the chirping of the birds. The sun was setting, casting a warm orange glow through the trees. I was enjoying the peacefulness of the woods, until I heard a strange noise. It was a low growl, coming from deep within the forest.

I stopped in my tracks, unsure of what to do. The growl grew louder, and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I knew I should turn back, but something compelled me to continue forward.

As I walked deeper into the woods, the trees grew thicker and the light grew dimmer. The growling grew louder, until it was right behind me. I turned around, and there it was. A creature unlike anything I had ever seen before.

It was tall and thin, with long limbs and fingers that ended in sharp claws. Its skin was a sickly pale color, and its eyes glowed red in the darkness. It let out a deafening roar, and I could see rows of razor-sharp teeth in its open mouth.

I froze, unable to move or even scream. The creature stepped closer to me, and I could smell the stench of decay on its breath. It reached out with its clawed hand, and I closed my eyes, expecting the worst.

But nothing happened. I opened my eyes and the creature was gone. I was alone in the woods once more. I didn't stick around to see if it would return, I ran as fast as I could back to the trailhead. I never went hiking alone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you! Leave me a comment. I won't bite... this time.