Sunday, April 28, 2013

Angry Hatred

Have you ever noticed that people who disagree with you are the stupidest people in existence? I know I've noticed that little oh so obvious fact. Hate is a strong word, but I really like it when it comes in handy. Is it wrong to like hate? I hate people that disagree with me.

That level of hate really depends on the level of disagreement. It's very possible to hate someone just a little bit. I know a lot of people like that. And sometimes the hate fades if the disagreement is forgotten. I guess it intermingles with anger, and anger never really lasts for very long. I think it takes too much effort to be angry so we just have to let it go eventually.

Anger and hate. So why am I focusing on two such negative emotions? I don't know. It's not that I've really had a disagreement with anyone recently. I just thought it was an interesting subject to think about. Most people are afraid to really examine these emotions, mostly because they don't want to admit they have them.

But I wonder why anger and hate are usually thought of as negative emotions. I'm not so sure they always have to be negative. Is it not okay to be angry at a person for robbing you at gunpoint? Can it be okay to hate a person who willingly and blatantly hurts a child for the sheer pleasure of it?

These so called negative emotions can possibly have a good purpose then. Sometimes they can be a form of protection, just like fear can be. I won't go into fear this time. Anger quickly informs you that something is very wrong, or someone is. Hate can be a longer term version of that. You can hate the taste of spoiled food, for instance.

Oh sure, they can both be used for the wrong reasons. But what are those wrong reasons? If your anger or hatred is used irrationally, that is a wrong reason. It's really very easy for that to happen in a persons mind. Hate and anger are probably the most dangerous as emotions go. They can be used to make very bad things happen.

That's all I really have to say about that... except... let your hate and anger flow within you. Come to the dark side.



6 comments:

  1. Interesting interpretations Ratty. I guess I hadn't really thought about them in that turn of events before. All I know is that I have taught my children that all emotions are natural to have at times throughout your life and provided you deal with them sensibly then none of them are wrong and they should never be bottled up or hidden!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you got it exactly right. It's how we act on our emotions that makes them either good or bad.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you. Emotions can either be bad or good or some good emotions can be bad if we use them to our advantage or vice versa. From where I came from "hate" is not that strong word as you perceive it here in the US. When we are mad at something or at someone for hurting our feelings the first word we say is "I hate You". It's just a word we use to express our frustration for that particular moment. In other words... emotions or feelings can be lost in translations or personal interpretations. How we handle them without losing our respect for human right is important to manage our emotion good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes hated is inappropriate even if the other persons actions are irrational, paranoid or even psychotic. Then mental illness must be dealt with.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anger I understand. Hate I don't. Hate is a waste of energy, because in my view, hate is long term anger. Being angry at someone or something for a long time, is not good for a person's physical or mental well-being.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anger I understand. Hate I don't. Hate is a waste of energy, because in my view, hate is long term anger. Being angry at someone or something for a long time, is not good for a person's physical or mental well-being.

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Leave me a comment. I won't bite... this time.